You already know that Liberty Media has bought out the F1, you have finished completing the purchase now are owners 100%, Bernie Ecclestone has no actions and have literally left it out of his own business. Now the new owners intend to change this sport and return it to it more high again, with interesting projects of future that now them will have.
So that this is possible, Chase Carey (in the center of the image top), is has surrounded of the personal right. Sean Bratches is responsible for the commercial of the F1 part, since it has had experience during his time as chief marketing officer of ESPN. They have also brought a large, an old acquaintance of this sport, Ross Brawn. Brawn will take up the leadership of the sports area of the F1.
But what most do not care is not esto, but the direction that will take the Formula 1 with this new directive. As well, we will look at some key points, which personally I quite like:
- Exploiting Internet: not only sold the rights to the television channels as it has now been done, also want to exploit the Internet market, and that means bringing F1 to all devices and any party where we have connection. This is especially important in countries such as Spain where a company has purchased exclusive rights to broadcast it in channels of payment, since it will bring all those who can not or do not want to give in to this monopolization and the right to enjoy the F1 will return again.
- Show to the American: not want to limit them late of week to three days, but extend it to all the week of each GP, as them large shows of USA, as the Super Bowl. That will generate more interest on the part of the fans, what not is very clear is how it will get.
- Improve the action on track: want to return a little more than protagonism to the pilot, who are they heroes and not so much their cars. They want more action and overtaking on track. Here is where Brawn will work in think ideas interesting.
- More equality: want and need more equality between them equipment, an of them things that Liberty wants to do is finish with them privileges that has Ferrari and other teams. Those plus or extra charged regardless of the distribution of money for points. And I really think one of the most important ideas. Carey has said that Ferrari should be thinking in supplementing these million with new sponsors. It seems that they will not yield as Ecclestone did, and dealings will be fairer.
- More racing and new approaches: it seems that they want more racing, and can reach new countries and also to be more than one career by country. Something that would also be very interesting. The truth is that fans Miss see action these months of hiatus and also among some GPs and others, which happens over one week and occasionally becomes long waiting. A calendar more compacted and with more racing would be interesting, although to those teams not them will like too…
- Keep the essence of the F1: not want convert it F1 in another sport, want to keep its essence, but with improvements. One of the things that have been proposed is not to lose the historical calendar circuits, as some threatened in recent years.
By please, do not forget Let your comments with what you has like these new measures. The truth is that they have not even begun and already have fresh ideas that seemed stuck in the era of Mr. E. I hope that soon begin to see the changes and soon to improve the sport that has been less in recent years. Of course they have to ask permission from the FIA, since certain measures and rules do not help to improve…